Last Updated: May 23, 2018
- The only personally identifiable information we store is your name, email address, street address (optional), and your IP address – the basic and least amount of information we need to securely service your education. If you provide us with an incorrect name or email address, we may not be able to provide you with educational services, so please make sure your account information is kept up to date.
- Transactional information is not kept on our servers. This includes information used for making a purchase such as Billing Address, Credit Card number, PayPal account info, and etc. All information entered during a transaction is sent directly to the processor (visa/PayPal/ etc.) to facilitate the transaction only. You will need to re-enter this information for every order.
- We do not share any information about you with anyone outside of NonLinear Educating Inc. at any time, unless express permission has been provided by you (for example, when entering a sponsored contest where you agree to let us share your information with the sponsor/partner company as part of entering the contest), or in the case that our educational services are incorporated into a 3rd party platform – for example, a university that provides access to our library to it’s own students.
- Information that is part of our service, including but not limited to, view history, notes, favourites, grades, and etc. is stored securely and is never shared with any 3rd party – period. This information is used to provide you with suggestions for courses that may be of interest to you based on your learning history with us. Aggregate data stripped of personally identifiable information is used by us to target areas of interest to our students for the creation of further courses, for statistical analysis, and for other internal business purposes. If you choose not to allow us to collect information generated by your use of our service, you will need to delete your account and stop using our service.
- Do not post personally identifiable information in our user forums or comments/discussion sections of our website(s). User forums and the comments/discussion sections on our website(s) are publicly available and offered by us as a service to the education community. If you choose to post personally identifiable information in our public discussion forums, it may be collected by 3rd parties – or anyone else – that visits those forums and may be used in any way what-so-ever. We will do everything in our power to protect your privacy, but you are still responsible for protecting your own privacy by carefully considering the information you reveal publicly about yourself while using our services.
- You may delete any personal identifiable information in your account (with the exception of name, email address, and IP address(es)) at any time by visiting your profile page. You may request your account be deleted at any time by contacting our support department.